Kashif Qureshi. BSc, MBBS, FRCOphth
Ophthalmology – YAG Vitreolysis, YAG Capsulotomy, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic eye diseases, Cataract Surgery
Mr Qureshi is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon who has a specialist interest in dealing with diseases of the retina but also manages general ophthalmic conditions, and performs cataract surgery, laser to the anterior and posterior segment, including laser to the retina and vitreous and intravitreal therapeutic procedures.
Education & Training
Mr Qureshi graduated from United Medical and Dental Schools of Guys and St Thomas’s Hospitals, London in 1999. He then worked as an Ophthalmologist for 13 years and became a fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
He undertook sub-speciality fellowship training in diseases of the retina in the North West, at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital and then at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London.
Mr Qureshi has a specialist interest in dealing with diseases of the retina but also manages general ophthalmic conditions. He performs laser surgery to the anterior and posterior segment, including the retina and vitreous. He also performs intravitreal therapeutic procedures and cataract surgery.
Mr Qureshi has a variety of interests and profound knowledge to be able to treat disparate eye conditions that include; Cataracts, Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), Glaucoma and Retinal disease. This has guided his research into potential new treatment techniques moving forward.
Interests & Specialty
Mr Kashif Qureshi is also the principal investigator on the trial of a new laser, which may be used to treat dry macular degeneration.
Special Clinical Interests:
- Cataract surgery
- Diabetic eye disease
- Glaucoma treatment
- Macular degeneration
- Retinal disease
- Retina vascular disorders
- Inflammatory eye diseases
- Co-Lead for Revalidation The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of Professional Standards Committee, Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Revalidation and Quality Standards committees
- Revalidation Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2009-2010
- Member of the British Medical Association
- The Cataract National Dataset electronic multi-centre audit of 55,567 operations: risk indicators for monocular visual acuity outcomes. Sparrow JM, Taylor H, Qureshi K, Smith R, Birnie K, Johnston RL; UK EPR user group. Eye (Lond). 2012 Jun;26(6):821-6. doi: 10.1038/eye.2012.51. Epub 2012 Mar 23.
- The cataract national data set electronic multi-centre audit of 55,567 operations: case-mix adjusted surgeon’s outcomes for posterior capsule rupture. Sparrow JM, Taylor H, Qureshi K, Smith R, Johnston RL; UK EPR user group
- SP Kelly, I Wallwork, D Haider, K Qureshi. Teleophthalmology with optical coherence tomography imaging in community optometry Evaluation of a quality improvement for macular patients. Clin Ophthalmol. 2011; 5:1673-8
- K Qureshi, S Kashani, SP Kelly. Intracameral bevacizumab for reubeotic glaucoma secondary to retinal vein occlusion. Int Ophthalmol. 2009 Dec;29 (6) 537-9
- KM Qureshi, S Robbie, S Kashani. Viral infections need to be excluded from the cohort for the results to be truly meaningful. Evid Based Med. 2007 Jun; 12 (3) 93
- SJ Robbie, K Qureshi, S Kashani, MA Qureshi. Managing conjunctivitis in general practice: research into management strategies for acute infective conjunctivitis. BMJ. 2006 Aug 26; 333 (7565) 446-7