COVID-19 Update : Guidance 4
Centre for Sight to Remain Open During 2nd Lockdown
- We are a COVID-secure facility
- We have made available SARS-COV-2 Antigen testing for surgical patients and staff
- We have safety measures in place, including the NHS Track and Trace app
The UK government recently announced that England is entering another lockdown period effective from Thursday 5 November to Wednesday 2 December. Following the latest guidance, Centre for Sight can remain open during this period and continue to treat patients.
Since returning from the first lockdown measures in June, Centre for Sight has remained COVID19-free with no reported cases among patients or staff. With much uncertainly during this time, we want to reassure you about the measures we have adhered to in line with government guidance. As an added safety measure, we have made available onsite SARS-COV-2 Antigen testing for surgical patients and staff. Testing is inclusive in all self-pay surgical packages. If funding your treatment via private medical insurance, some costs may be applicable if the costs are not covered by your insurer.
New SARS-COV-2 Antigen Testing for Surgical Patients and Staff
Safety remains our key priority. Therefore, we are pleased to now be able to facilitate SARS-COV-2 Antigen testing for all surgical patients and staff. Upon arrival to our surgical facilities, patients undergoing a procedure will be greeted by an appropriately trained member of our team who will administer the test via a nasal swab whilst they wait in their car. The test results are available within approximately 15 minutes. Once a patient’s negative result is confirmed they will be able to enter the facility for their admittance for surgery. All clinical and patient-facing staff will also be tested weekly to protect all involved.
Our Safety Measures & NHS Track and Trace
The following safety measures remain in place at each Centre for Sight location to address the principles of reducing time spent in clinic and exposure to others while adhering to contract tracing guidance:
- Mandatory temperature testing and hand-gel use upon entry
- Patients, staff and visitors required to check-in on the NHS Track and Trace app
- Strict hand washing regimes
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves and face-masks / breath shields
- Social distancing measures, including zones in waiting rooms and high traffic areas
- Rigorous room and surface cleaning schedules
Should you have any questions regarding an appointment scheduled during the next lockdown period or regarding any of our measures, please do not hesitate to contact us on:
T: 01342 306020